Manages, directs and coordinates the operations of the Finance and Administration Department to ensure effective financial management and corporate governance in adherence to relevant legislation and international accounting standards. Ensures minimized risks and an effective financial control environment.
- As a member of EXCO, contributes to the development of ODC’s corporate strategy and business plans
- Develops and implements the Financial strategy aligned to ODC’s overall corporate objectives
2. Financial Management
- Provides leadership in the development of financial policies and procedures to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements, corporate governance and international financial reporting standards
- Develops and implements financial management and accounting systems and procedures to ensure accurate recording of all financial transactions
- Oversees the establishment and adherence to procurement policies and procedures
- Responsible for the implementation of supplier registration processes, tendering processes, and ensures compliance with tender procedures
4. Stakeholder Relationship Management
- Liaises with the internal Sales team in terms of Customer Registration to ensure that the registration processes are being followed
- Attends to customer registration problems and in liaison with the Sales Manager makes recommendations for registration or not. Escalates registration problems to the Board Compliance Committee as needed
5. Staff Management
- Determines staffing and competency requirements for the Finance Department
- Approves recruitment for vacant positions, participates in the selection process of and makes the final decision on the selection of direct subordinates
- Relevant Financial / Accounting Degree plus a professional accounting qualification such as CIMA/ACCA.
- 10 years’ post professional accounting qualification experience including substantive experience operating at a senior level in financial management. A strong background in the Mining Industry is essential and experience in managing multifunctional departments/divisions including finance, human resources and procurement is essential.
Deadline for applications: Monday 19 February 2018