To plan, organise and manage the implementation of business development and client relationship management strategies in accordance with BDC’s mandate and strategy locally and regionally. This should be conducted in alignment with the sector focused investment approach of the Corporation, which seeks to drive successful investments, export development, citizen economic empowerment, economic growth and diversification. Advocacy for policy changes in the investment climate including investment promotion and export development form an integral part of this role. The role will support the Investment mandate, policy and related strategies, which are underpinned by sound due diligence and financial structuring in order to optimise return on investment within the defined risk appetite and provide professional advice and recommendations to the Investments Committee.
Policies and Strategies
- Participate in the formulation, execution, review and adaptation of the BDC corporate strategy.
- Develop and leads the execution of a sector focused business
- Identify investment opportunities and prospective investment opportunities locally, regionally and internationally
- Develop and coordinates investment programs in collaboration with external partners
- Support making informed decisions pertaining to investments within the established risk appetite with the guidance/approval of the Chief Executive Officer and the Investments Committee.
- Assist in the develop asset allocation levels aimed at creating a balanced portfolio of investments.
- Identify growth opportunities for local clients that are ready to export services and products regionally and internationally.
Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Maintain close working relationships with clients through regular contact as per the client engagement strategy of BDC
Monitoring and Reporting
- Utilise the customer relationship management mechanism to monitor effectiveness and efficiency of business development processes and report on recommended areas of improvement.
- Monitor and reports on the performance of BDC portfolio of investments to internal and external stakeholders
- Undertakes other such duties as directed by the CEO
- Masters degree in Business Administration, or Economics / Commerce degree combined with equivalent business related qualifications.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the financial services sector, a minimum of 5 years being in a senior/ executive management role overseeing corporate sales, business development and client relationship management.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 25 February 2018