Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Executive Director in accordance with CITF Statutory Financial Instrument is responsible for driving a skilled and competitive blue collar workforce nationally. He/She will take the lead in all strategic & corporate issues and manage the training institution to ensure that it delivers on its mandate. Specifically, the Executive Director will be required to have the vision to drive the broad functions articulated below;
- Organizational and service excellence within CITF structures
- Strategy & Policy Development
- Identify new greenfield of Skills Development as per needs of the economy
- Change Ambassador for CITF
Policy & Strategy Development
- Drive the development of policies and strategies that improve the quality of rapid skills development.
- Drive the execution of the CITF strategy in accordance with the shareholder compact.
- Report periodically to the Board of Trustees and the line Ministry on the performance of CITF against set objectives as per the shareholder compact
- Drive the organizational Vision, Mission and strategic goals
- Directs skills training as per the demands of the economy
- Have an in-depth appreciation of the Construction and allied industry and be able to generate solutions, energy and enthusiasm amongst all stakeholders.
- Lead staff members consistently to achieve organizational goals and high performance levels
- Instill a culture of change management within the organization and apply visionary thinking
- Develop and maintain effective strategic relationships with key stakeholders (including the public, industry, ministries, HRDC, BQA and other colleges)
- Ensure compliance with regulatory bodies e.g. BQA, BOBS, HRDC, among others.
- Develop a wide range of strategic alliances and/or relationships and networks locally, regionally and internationally in the skills development space
- Assume ultimate responsibility and accountability for decision making through liaison with Executive Management and key stakeholders
- Represent the CITF at most executive levels locally, regionally and internationally.
- Ensure strict adherence to prudent financial management including annual budgeting and allocations
Human Capital Management
- Provide strategic leadership and ensure the existence of policies to attract and develop talent, drive employee engagement, institute performance management.
- Retain talent in alignment with set strategic objectives of the CITF
- Sponsors all major change management initiatives of the CITF
- A capable communicator, facilitator, presenter and relate with wide variety of different backgrounds
- Excellent writing skills
- The candidate will have a strong understanding of values of the Construction and allied industries
- Commitment to organizational excellence, displaying integrity and a strong sense of ethics in all decisions/actions
- Degree in any Technical discipline (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Civil)
- Master’s Degree in Vocational and Technical education, Economics, Human Resources Development, Business Administration or related field would be advantageous
- At least 10 years’ relevant experience, 5 years of which must have been at executive management level
Closing date for applications is 6 April 2018
The Construction Industry Trust Fund (CITF) is a Joint Project between the Ministry of Employment Labour Productivity & Skills Development and the Construction & Engineering Industry of Botswana. It operates from an established Training Institution situated in Gaborone, Botswana. Our aim is to provide the Construction Industry and Allied trades with locally trained, competent manpower in order to maximize use and engagement of Botswana Citizens on all construction and allied trades in their projects.
VISION: To be the leading Responsive Competency Based Individualized Modular Training institution in Vocational Skills development.
MISSION STATEMENT: We are committed to proactively meet the vocational skills needs of the building construction and allied industries by offering a responsive Competency Based Individualized Modular Training (CBMIT) to Batswana.