Chief Executive Officer/ Managing Director
Final interview stage - only interviewed candidates progressing
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) is responsible for the overall strategy, business planning and leadership of the company; ensures that all aspects of the company’s activities obtain maximum profits commensurate with the best interest of shareholders, customers, employees, and the public. The CEO approves and owns the short and medium term budget and is accountable for the delivery thereof. He\She is responsible for regulatory compliance and for governmental and key stakeholder relationships while being the key interface between the Board and Management as well as between BML and the company. Performs supervisory duties of executive staff, coordinates staff for coverage in all divisions.
- Establishes effective strategies to develop new business opportunities through the engagement of new business contacts.
- Responsible for executing all Board approved plans and strategies
- Lead the Company’s product and service development to establish Bayport as a leading financial service provider in country
- Ensures the development and pursuit of effective marketing strategies to create a strong brand image for the Company. Ensuring the design and implementation of products and services to better position the Company.
- Serves as a visible and active community leader, who is passionate about the community they serve and recognizes opportunities where community-based lending and products can help.
- Participates in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Company within the region’s marketplace, and to establish referral contacts within the community.
- Leads and coordinates the development of the business plan and the associated budget, aligned with the agreed strategy, with input from the Executive Chairman and functional managers
- Responsible for the on-going monitoring and reporting to Group on business progress against budget
- Fund Raising
- Sources local currency funding through local and international funders.
- Manages the Company’s overall performance to include profitable revenue growth, effective risk management and compliance strategies and performance and a strong customer satisfaction orientation.
- Prepares and presents of the annual budget.
- Analyses and is accountable for the financial model (forecast).
- Reports on company performance to the board of directors, investors, press and statutory bodies
- Produces a monthly operational report on the financial and operational status of the business
Please download full job description below for more details
- Master’s degree or greater in Business or Finance is desirable
- Solid understanding of credit, risk management and compliance requirements
- 5-7 years business development experience
- Advanced knowledge of retail lending operations, industry, products or services
- Advanced knowledge of Financial Services compliance regulations, law, employment and labour law, internal operational policies and procedures, and micro lending products and services
- 10-15 years Financial Services experience with at least 5 years in Executive roles
Closing date for applications is 23 September 2018