General Manager (Mine Engineer)
New vacancy - open to all applications
Our client is a developing, coal mining company committed to becoming the supplier of choice to industrial customers and power utilities across southern Africa. With a wealth of industry experience the company has identified the coal mine in Botswana as having great potential and is a key part of its regional business strategy.
Reporting to the CEO, you will co-ordinate and ensure the effective use of all resources to achieve the overall operations and strategic direction of the company. You will draw from your technical knowledge combined with entrepreneurial drive to ensure the progression and development of the project. Your key responsibilities include: oversee implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to mining standards; Create team synergy, manage diversity and promote a high-performance culture; overall management of the mining project; and ensures the safety and health of mine workers.
- Direct the implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to mining standards
- Implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to organisational standards
- Implementation of policies and procedures to ensure adherence to legislative standards
- Create team synergy, manage diversity and promote a high performance culture
- Project execution using knowledge of mining and mine planning
- Ensuring the communication of multidisciplinary teams
- Responsible for the overall management of mining project
- Assists in staffing, outlining project plans, setting project goals/deadlines, and evaluating performance
- Ensures the safety and health of mine workers
- Recommends corrective action when problems are detected
- Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility
- Input into developing the budget
- Resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments
- You will have a recognised mining engineering degree or diploma together with a valid Mine Managers Certificate of Competence
- Have 5-10 years' experience working with various mining methods at a senior level
- Knowledge of management, mine planning and analysis, financial management and senior project management is required.
- The candidate must have a mining experience.