New vacancy - open to all applications
Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a seasoned Linux Specialist to join thier team.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you will be responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining Linux servers. Also responsible for optimizing system performance and protecting the company from risk and data loss; performing software installations and upgrades to Linux systems and maintaining them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements.
- Responsible for maintaining the Linux Server’s network environment as well as the health of the Connectivity and the general Linux server.
- Installs, monitors and tunes Redhat Linux operating system and virtual machine sub-system software.
- Designs and deploys Linux server hardware and periodically reviews configurations for optimal performance.
- Develops processing standards, procedures, and automation for use by IT staff in a constantly growing and evolving environment
- Develops a standardized template for Linux Servers for deployment, this template to include all elements of Operating System hardening for Security vulnerabilities
- Focuses much of their time on project work, escalating to senior staff and management when applicable.
- Performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Provides technical support to IT staff during systems designs, developments and deployments.
- Participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation, providing level 2-3 escalations and project work.
- Manages Unix-based projects as needed and assists with larger cross-team projects.
- Designs, implements, secures and maintains the computer systems for its test, development and production environment
- Identifies and analyzes the issues that hamper the performance of the system, and works in close coordination with the product development team and recommend the solutions for the issues.
- Supports tasks that are included, but not limited to code deployment, managing source control systems, virtual servers, scripting, etc.
- Takes into account and identifies the discrepancies in the system, to assess the risks, and to implement solutions by adhering to the security standards.
- Writes and modifies scripts for application deployments as well as system monitoring
- Develops and oversees the backup, replication, clustering and fail over strategies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years’ of System administration experience in a busy environment.
- Linux certification training, preferably RedHat.
- Other Server Administration Certification.
- In depth knowledge of Unix-based infrastructure.
Knowledge,Skills & Abilities
- Experience in development of automated scripts in at least one scripting language.
- Experience in VMware infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of multiple version of Linux operating systems.
- Understanding of Storage Area Networks servers, and how they impact on Linux Servers.
- Knowledge of programming language concepts.
- Knowledge of Linux load balancer
- Project experience including projects that involve interfacing with multiple technical and business teams.
- Ability to balance and manage customer needs, daily responsibilities and additional projects as assigned simultaneously.
- Ability to manage projects and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive.
- Strong inter-personal, written and verbal skills - ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
For enquiries, please contact Seabe at email@example.com or call +267 395 1640