Applies audit and risk concepts and practices according to generally accepted and governmental standards, practices, and procedures in order to perform and facilitates complex Information Technology operational and compliance audits.
Plans, organises, coordinates and manages audit activities related to complex Information Technology operational and compliance audits.
Provides independent opinion on risk & control environment in specific business unit, Corporate Support Unit or process.
Development of Internal Audit Plans
- Develops flexible annual internal audit plans using appropriate risk-based methodology, including any risks or control concerns identified by WUC Shareholders, Management or external auditors.
Internal Audits, Consulting and Advisory Services
- Implement the approved annual internal audit plan, including, as appropriate, any special projects requested by the Audit Committee and Management.
- Develop audit processes that align with the WUC quality assurance program and ensure that appropriate quality controls are in place and that audits are conducted in accordance with accepted auditing standards
- Perform consulting and advisory services as appropriate that will not impair auditor independence, utilizing the industry knowledge and extensive Information Technology area of knowledge.
Reporting and Governance Structures
- Engage with BU and Corporate Support Units process owners to agree audit deliveries & timelines (risk assessment & control workshops adequacy assessments).
- Advise and report to Director: Internal Audit and Management on the implementation of the agreed corrective actions by monitoring progress on implementation.
- Report the results of internal audits and/or projects, consulting and advisory services promptly to the appropriate individuals in management and the Director: Internal Audit summarizing the results of audit activity.
Risk Evaluation & Assurance
- Develops procedures to identify factors that give rise to risk areas through an assessment of the corporation’s processes and control environment.
- Evaluates internal controls to determine if any material weakness or significant deficiency exists and formulates recommendation.
- Coordinates and executes internal investigations to address any Governance, Risk and Compliance incidents
- Oversees the management and prioritization of the technical delivery of a team of independent fraud consultants to resolve Governance, Risk and Compliance incidents
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems/Information Technology, or related field from an institution accredited by a nationally recognized accrediting agency.
- CISA professional qualification
- Membership of a recognized institutions for Accountants or Auditors
- Min 6 years' experience in performing complex Information Systems compliance or operational audits, including three years' management experience.
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th September 2018.