Board of Directors
Overview of role
The Botswana Public Officers Pension Fund (BPOPF), has set up a subsidiary company to undertake the fund administration function, Lecha Administrators (Proprietary) Limited. It is envisioned that Lecha Administrators will in turn enter into a joint venture with a third party technical provider which the BPOPF is in the process of appointing, to autonomously manage the BPOPF’s fund administration function.
As a totally independent and separate entity to the BPOPF, it is envisioned that Lecha Administrators through the joint venture entity will significantly improve the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of service of the Fund’s administration.
Accordingly, Lecha Administrators seeks to compose a board of directors who have a diverse blend of skills and experience that match its’ strategic direction. The Company will be operational early in 2020.
Requirements, Education and Experience
In view of the current stage of development, applications are solicited from candidates with a profile that ideally would include the following elements:
• proven leadership experience in the private sector;
• good understanding and knowledge of pension fund administration;
• knowledge of the legislative/regulatory landscape; and
• experience at Director level.
In addition, it is expected that the suitability of candidates be evidenced by:
• a relevant academic track record plus a convincing combination of experience in financial services/retirement funds/benefits administration;
• excellent communication skills;
• no formal prior and/or existing relationship with or interest in the BPOPF or the Government; and
• be “fit and proper” in terms of Non-Bank Financial Regulatory Authority’s requirements for controllers.
A balanced diversity in the composition of the Board of Directors as a whole will be sought, therefore backgrounds can be drawn from any professional sector. However, each candidate must have the values, passion and ability to make a positive contribution to the Company.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday, 16 December 2019.