Chief Audit Executive
Offer stage - an offer is being made to the suitable candidate
Overview of role
Reporting to the Board and administratively to the CEO, you will provide assurance on all internal controls, compliance and governance processes put in place for risk mitigation in the execution of the Corporation’s Mandate.
As the driver of the Audit function, your responsibilities will include:
- Execution of internal audit strategy and ensure implementation of audit policies and standards.
- Plan the annual audit programme, carry out audits and prepare timely audit reports and recommendations for BHC Management and the Board.
- Monitors and regularly reviews implementation of recommended improvements to internal controls and procedures and ensure performance management of staff.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- A degree in Auditing or Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, and have Professional Membership of a recognised institute e.g. CIMA, ACCA, CIA.
- A related post graduate qualification in Auditing, Finance or related will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ post qualification experience in an audit or financial management environment of which five (5) years should have been at management level.
- A self-driven, analytical, decisive, risk oriented, intuitive and time conscious individual to succeed in this role.
Closing date for applications is 19 March 2021.
As the country’s leading property developer, the Botswana Housing Corporation (BHC) empowers more and more Batswana every day and continues in its pursuit of service excellence and delivering products of high quality and best value accommodation to the nation. It does not shy away from huge challenges, and has taken a bold step from its Mandate to form a strategic intent of providing safe, dignified and sustainable houses for Batswana.