Country Compliance Officer
New vacancy - open to all applications
Overview of role
The Country Compliance Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing a compliance programme for legislation. Lead and manage all areas of Compliance, Legislation & Regulation
- Maintain regulatory universe;
- Monitor relevant legislation, internal rules and policies impacting the business, including wider legislative, regulatory, company and industry standards, and pro-actively assist the business in implementing new and/or amended regulatory requirements;
- Ensure the effective implementation of the compliance monitoring programme and undertake all aspects of monitoring activities, including drafting, maintaining and enhancing Compliance Monitoring Plans;
- Prepare compliance reports/returns to regulators, management and various committees;
- Track instances of non-compliance with respective business unit managers until resolved;
- Draft and implement anti money laundering policies and processes.
- Ensuring the timeous reporting of suspicious transactions to regulator(s).
- Interact with regulators, industry bodies and other external stakeholders
- Review training programmes to ensure that it is in compliance with regulatory obligations
- Actively participate in consultative and lobbying structures regarding legislative and regulatory developments
- Cultivate constructive relationships that result in the Business proactively seeking Compliance involvement.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Financial and/or legal degree.
- 3 years working experience gained in the governance or group assurance space at an Asset Manager, Unit Trust Management Company or other relevant financial services organization.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 23 May, 2019.
One of the largest and most prominent Investment Management firms, present in Botswana, South Africa, Kenya, Namibia and Nigeria. They deliver global Investment solutions to its clients and develops world class Botswana Investment professionals.