Country Manager Kenya
Overview of role
Headquartered in Riga, Latvia, our Client operates in 10+ countries across the European Union and CIS region. They offer finance lease, leaseback and instalment loan services with the most customer-centric borrowing process. Their loan portfolio has grown to EUR 100m+ since 2012 and their focus remains heavily growth-oriented. Successful development of the company is underpinned by robust capital structure together with strong management team, highly sophisticated IT platform and industry-leading data analytics capabilities.
Our Client is looking for a Country Manager in Kenya who will report to the management team in Europe. The Country Manager will recruit their team locally, starting with a few initial specialists and extending the headcount along with the business and organization growth.
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE IN BANKING, LEASING, MOBILE LENDING or FINTECH.
- Launch of lending business in assigned country
- Management of daily operational activities of the company
- Strategic development of the company
- Cooperation with and reporting to group management
- Monitoring and analyzing the operating results of the company
- Representing the company and negotiating with suppliers
- Building and maintaining an effective team
- Developing company’s brand awareness and distribution channel
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Fluent in English and Swahili
- A degree in Business Administration, Economics or Finance
- At least 3 years of previous management experience
- Knowledge of auto leasing or consumer loan business is desired
- Well-structured and hands-on, capable of managing a fast-growing organization
- Consumer oriented and performance driven
- Proactive and dynamic, with high level of energy and motivation
- A doer, reliable and competent, who can successfully deploy and adapt to local environment the know how provided by the HQ
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Loyalty and integrity
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to feel data
- Entrepreneurship and leadership skills
Closing date for applications is Wednesday 21st November 2018.