Director Internal Audit
Overview of role
As a member of the senior leadership team, the Director, Internal Audit works with academic leaders, senior administrators and staff, as well as other key stakeholders to align audit functions and accountabilities with institutional priorities and ensure adherence to best practice and IAIS and ethics.
Key performance areas include:
- Directing and coordinating the development and implementation of the Internal Audit Operational Work Plan
- Ensuring reduction in non-compliance arising out of Internal Audit interventions; enhancing efficiency as a result of implementation of Internal Audit recommendations
- Monitoring and evaluating divisional follow-up on management implementation of audit recommendations and preparation and submission of periodic reports to the Audit Committee summarising results of audit activities for the respective periods.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- You will need a master’s degree in Internal Auditing and Management or equivalent, and/or a professional qualification such as CIA, MIIA, ACCA, CIMA.
- A professional membership of an internationally recognized professional body is required along with at least 8 years of experience in an internal audit environment preferably in a major institution in the Financial Sector or an Academic Institution of which five (5) years should have been at Director level.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 9 May, 2019.