Executive Director, Operations -Re-Advertisment
Overview of role
Strategic leadership - as a member of the WUC executive team, contributes to development and attainment of the Corporation’s strategy, by planning, directing and overseeing Asset Management, Bulk Water Supply and Business Centre services for WUC. Drives WUC’s operational resilience and effectiveness by setting long-term strategic goals and driving functional effectiveness in the Operations Department
- Plans, directs and oversees the Operations portfolio in order to ensure overall delivery of the Corporation’s Strategic Plan;
- Provides strategic and tactical oversight for all potable and wastewater production and distribution operation and maintenance activities, including, preventive, predictive and reactive maintenance;
- Is a key client in infrastructure projects – new infrastructure, rehabilitation, expansion;
- Drives effective revenue generation from abstracted water resources through oversight of development and implementation of non-revenue water reduction strategies including leakage control; and
- Drives and oversees development and implementation of Business Centre strategies.
Policies, Procedures and Governance
- Develops and implements policies/procedures for optimal operation and maintenance of all potable and wastewater infrastructure and assets;
- Serves as WUC representative with external stakeholders on the Operations portfolio at WUC; and
- Establishes and chairs Management Structures for the Operations portfolio in order to ensure strategic alignment, operational excellence and timeous resolution of operational challenges across all Business Centres.
Asset Management Strategy & Optimisation
- Leads the development of asset management strategies, objectives, standards and policies including programs for sustaining assets through planned maintenance, repair and replacement;
- Oversees management of the holistic value (financial, quality & lifespan) of WUC’s water and wastewater infrastructure portfolio in order to ensure financial and operational efficiency for optimal output and cost containment;
- Oversees establishment and maintenance of the WUC-wide Infrastructure Asset Register for completeness and accuracy in order to account for all the Corporation’s operational assets;
- Reviews plans and designs for various facility installations and improvements and approves for implementation; and
- Sets the strategic direction for the development and execution of an annual Operations & Maintenance projects in line with Asset Lifecycle Management best practise.
Bulk Water Supply Oversight
- Oversees the effective operation and maintenance of WUC’s dams and bulk transfer scheme (North South Carrier) and other mega resource and transfer schemes, current or planned, in order to ensure supply of bulk water to the various demand centres;
- Sets the pricing models, prioritisation methods and Service Level Agreements between the bulk supply infrastructure and demand centres in line with water resources guidelines; and
- Oversees development and implementation of strategies to leverage dam amenities for additional revenue streams through engagement with relevant community stakeholders.
Water and wastewater Operations and Maintenance
- Leads, directs and oversees development and implementation of strategies for operation and maintenance of water and wastewater infrastructure for effective and efficient water and wastewater services delivery to Batswana;
- Oversees effective management of water demand and service coverage;
- Leads development and deployment of strategies to maximize profitability and cost containment by implementation of customer-centric revenue strategies;
- Leads effective stakeholder relationship management by Business Centre teams in order to build positive relationships with communities, customers and government.
- Champion and create an enabling environment for the application of SHEQ standards, policies and procedures in the Operations portfolio; and
- Drive and monitor compliance to applicable legislation.
Please download detailed Job Description below
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering or related field is required
- A Business Administration or Management post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- 8 years related experience in budgeting, management, supervision, design, operations and construction in a large industrial environment or utility environment and experience in large scale infrastructure-type projects, including 6 years Senior Management in similar sized organization and/or portfolio
- Utilities industry experience is an added advantage
Closing date for applications is 15 Feb 2019