General Manager: Sales Operations
Overview of role
Our Client in the IT Services is looking for a seasoned Sales Leader to support the Managing Director in the establishment and optimisation of day to day operational activities, including revenue and sales growth, expense, cost and margin control and monthly, quarterly and annual financial goal management.
The role also has the responsibility to lead and build a team that produces outstanding sales growth and advances the company relationship and presence within accounts/prospects. Their role is a combination of management, selling, coaching and leadership activities, with the objective of enabling their sales team to meet the sales targets assigned to them.
The General Manager: Sales Operations works with sales leadership to drive and enable a sales strategy that will deliver strategic objectives. They use their business acumen and strategic planning skills in conjunction with the information received from business development activities to define the way the sales force will approach the market and to determine the targets that the sales force should achieve and strive to exceed.
General Manager: Sales Operations is accountable for creating turn-around solutions to ensure that sales plans are met irrespective of current situation. They drive a sales culture by sharing best practices, developing and sustaining cross functional relationships and filtering information downwards.
- Attract, engage, develop, and retain a high-performing team of technology sales professionals
- Coach team members to continued improved performance and ensure alignment to go-to market, solution selling approaches and overall sales strategies
- Drives a dual-path sales strategy of partner-driven and sales-driven opportunity generation
- Serves as a change agent; leads, sponsors and supports the Dimension Data Botswana’s organizational transformation objectives
- Lives the company’s High-Performance Culture Values every day
- Provide executive level engagement to key clients or prospects to advance the sales process as required
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required, preferably in Information Technology or business
- Selected partner certifications like Cisco CSE
- Previous experience in solution selling or managing a sales team
- Have at least 10 years of directly relevant selling experience and at least 3 years of sales team leadership/management experience
- A proven track record of successful sales leadership
- Demonstrated business and industry experience in Enterprise Networking, Security, Data Center, Unified Communications and Cloud
Skills and Core Competencies
- Excellent leadership, management, and coaching skills
- Outstanding collaborator at all levels within the company and with partners, knowing when to lead and when to empower others
- Excellent consultative selling skills; highly effective in front of clients in a consultative manner, able to advance key opportunities as well as handle complex service delivery issues
- Understanding of key industry drivers and buying criteria for the portfolio of IT products and services
- Ability to manage a large scale business relationship comprised of a large volume of transactions requiring high levels of internal efficiency and external effectiveness
- Adept at strategic account planning
- Strong conflict management and resolution skills - must be able to build consensus and anticipate and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills, including phone, presentation, and writing skills
- Ability to negotiate / influence
- Ability to quickly learn and apply in the field