General Manager, SMME Development
Shortlisting stage of vacancy - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Overview of role
To initiate, develop and implement policies, strategies and support programmes designed to improve entrepreneurial prowess of SMMEs, with the aim of facilitating growth and sustainability of the SMME sector through the use of pertinent information derived from research. The incumbent will lead and coordinate the channels, sector innovation, capability development and the information and knowledge management department.
- Contribute towards the formulation, development and reviewing of the LEA corporate strategy utilizing pertinent research data and/or information.
- To develop the strategic direction for the SMME Development function aligned to the Authority’s Corporate Strategy and oversee it’s implementation.
- Contribute to the development of policies and procedures that guide the processes of the Authority and ensure effective implementation of effective policies and procedures.
- Develop policies based on emergent trends in conjunction with the Authorities policy development function and relevant stakeholders
- Devise strategies to drive operational improvements of the SMME Development function to meet the expectations of Authority’s Chief Executive Officer, Board and stakeholder on time, budget, quality standards to the customers’ expectations and with the most effective use of resources.
- Lead planning and program initiatives, special projects and delegates the coordination of activities to departmental heads ensure a smooth flow of operations
- Oversee the implementation of activities to ensure seamless linkages with the work of other departments and divisions within LEA
- Provide outstanding leadership to team members, including opportunities for coaching and development to maximise work output and work quality
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to providing quality services
- Establish and maintain strong working strategic relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Evaluate strategic partnerships to ensure utmost value add to the mandate of the Authority.
- To oversee the budgets managed by heads of departments in the SMME Development and ensure they are being
- managed and utilized appropriately.
- To maintain data and statistics and provide reports to the Chief Executive Officer on trends and performance.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Masters in Economics, Business Administration / Management, Finance or related area.
- At least ten years experience with five years in an executive / management role
- At least 5 years experience in the field of sustainable development of small and medium enterprises and related projects
Please download detailed job description below.
Closing Date for applications is 7th December 2018.