Overview of role
Working at EXCO level, this is one of the key roles for the Group. Participation and development of business cases for new opportunities will ensure sustained growth and good performance for the Group. You will be involved in strategic development and will ensure adequate and cost effective funding to achieve Group strategies.
Reporting to the Group CEO, you will direct all the financial activities of the Group in accordance with relevant statutory and regulatory requirements and international financial reporting standards (IFRS), and ensure effective corporate governance for mitigation of financial business risks. As an Executive Director position on the BIHL Board of Directors, you shall advise the Board on Financial, Risk & Compliance matters.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Financial analysis of new business opportunities to ensure return on investment
- Thorough group financial analysis to aid decision making
- Proposals on effective ventures for utilisation of excess capital
- Understanding the implications and application of King III and Solvency II
- Effective engagement of investors
- Group budgeting
- Group financial reporting and results presentation.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- A qualified CA (CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- You will have had a minimum of 10 years post qualification experience in financial management, preferably in the financial services industry, with at least 5 of those years in a general management capacity with responsibility for strategic planning, budgeting and financial analysis.
- Experience within a complex financial environment with multiple funding sources and diverse business areas will be an advantage.
Closing Date for Applications: Tuesday, 31 December 2019