Group Finance Manager
Overview of role
Group Financial Manager is responsible for smooth running of the finance function, overseeing all aspects of finance: management accounts; consolidation of annual statements; cash flow management; financial reporting and forecasting; asset management and audit management etc.
The Group Finance Manager position is based in Maun
- Overall responsibility for the accuracy of the Wilderness Safaris Botswana Trial Balance covering Safari Operations, Flying Business and Aircraft Maintenance
- Recruitment, management and development of finance staff ensuring competent staffing at all levels within the finance department. Ensure optimal staffing to the company’s needs.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts.
- Working capital management, including Bank and Cash, Accounts Receivables, Inventory and Accounts Payables as well as all the associated processes.
- Reviewing work done by the Finance Managers and their teams ensuring it meets Wilderness Holdings minimum quality standards.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Qualified Chartered Accountant.
- Minimum of 5 years’ Group Financial Management experience in a multi-national entity.
- Experience in managing fully qualified finance staff.
- Practical financial reporting experience.
- Working knowledge of Botswana Tax and Company Law.
The closing date for applications is 17th June 2022
Okavango Wilderness Safaris (OWS) is part of a multi-national safari operator (Wilderness Safaris), which operates safari camps throughout Northern Botswana. OWS is dedicated to driving conservation tourism in Africa, while making a positive impact on upliftment and community empowerment. Today, the company helps protect over 2.3 million hectares of pristine wilderness areas for future generations to enjoy. It’s a remarkable company creating positive change in Africa.