Head, Capability Development (Re-advertisement)
New vacancy - open to all applications
Overview of role
This role leads the development and implementation of innovative programmes and strategies designed to enhance the service delivery, capability and sustainability of Micro and Small to Medium Enterprises.
- You will lead the development of an extensive enterprise development programme and corresponding strategy for SMMEs designed to improve overall product and service quality and increase competitiveness and profitability in all relevant markets.
- Additionally, the incumbent will create and maintain relationships with key players within the SMME ecosystem to facilitate access to credit finance and resources to cultivate successful SMMEs.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- A post graduate degree in Business, Economics or a related field is required with at least 8 years’ experience including at a strategic level in operational efficiency and profitability of SMMEs.
- Relevant academic qualifications with extensive experience in enterprise development will be acceptable in lieu of a master’s degree.
- Knowledge in business management and development, relevant technologies, customer service or economics and accounting is required.
The Local Enterprise Authority (LEA) was established by the Small Business Act of 2004 to carry out, on behalf of the Government of Botswana, the mandate of entrepreneurship and enterprise development through business plan facilitation, training and mentoring, promoting domestic and international linkages for SMME’s. LEA’s vision speaks to innovative and sustainable economic diversification and development of a competitive SMME community in Botswana. LEA is currently undergoing a transformation exercise and is looking to recruit highly motivated and dedicated professionals to join their senior management team.