Head, Information & Knowledge Management
Shortlisting stage of vacancy - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Overview of role
Reporting to General Manager SMME Development, you will lead and direct the development and continuous enhancement of LEA’s programmes and initiatives through the provision of detailed research material and 'best practice' assessment tools.
- You will identify business or industry opportunities for SMMEs supported by documented research.
- The incumbent will provide managerial oversight for information repositories throughout the organisation ensuring availability, accessibility, relevance and quality of information.
- You will be expected to work closely with research institutions on the development of research material relevant to the activities of LEA and the establishment and maintenance of research standards.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Masters in Information Management, Knowledge Management, Economics, Statistics or related field is required.
- A PhD qualification will be an added advantage.
- You will have at least 8 years’ experience in both academic and industry research and development of which 3 years must have been at a professional or managerial level with a strong background in initiating, coordinating and analysing policy research data.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 25 April, 2019
The Local Enterprise Authority (LEA) was established by the Small Business Act of 2004 to carry out, on behalf of the Government of Botswana, the mandate of entrepreneurship and enterprise development through business plan facilitation, training and mentoring, promoting domestic and international linkages for SMME’s. LEA’s vision speaks to innovative and sustainable economic diversification and development of a competitive SMME community in Botswana. LEA is currently undergoing a transformation exercise and is looking to recruit highly motivated and dedicated professionals to join their senior management team.