Head of Business Centre x3 (Re-advertisement)
Overview of role
Reporting to the Executive Director: Operations, you will manage and oversee the full spectrum of WUC’s operations and services in the respective Business Centre. Key responsibilities include: water resource planning and operational planning; water and wastewater production and distribution; asset management; customer demand management; technology optimization; customer care; revenue performance and cost control; compliance and governance; people management and delivery of support services.
- Drives operational planning and implementation at the Business Centre to contribute positively to attainment of strategic goals
- Establishes management structures to drive operational excellence and timeous resolution of challenges across the Business Centre
- Monitors and tracks delivery against set targets to identify areas of negative variance and implement corrective action timeously
Water and Wastewater Service Delivery
- Accountable for effective management of allocated water resources to ensure sustainability
- Leads to implementation of strategies and policies for optimal operation and maintenance of all portable and wastewater infrastructure and assests
- Leads production and distribution of portable water to ensure compliance to wastewater treatment and disposal standards, regulations and legislation
Revenue Performance and Cost Containment
- Accountable for maximizing revenue generation and collection within the Business Centre through effective deployment of customer accounts management strategies for effective contribution on the Corporation's profit pool
- Leads implementation of delinquent accounts recovery strategies to maximize the Corporation's revenue streams
- Leads implementation of process improvement initiatives to optimize the cost of delivering service across the Business Centre
Customer Care and Stakeholder Management
- Champions implementation of customer experience improvement initiatives to deliver on the transformative goal of positioning customers as the heart of business
- Manages and monitors performance against customer service standards to deliver on customer expectation
- Serves as representative with external stakeholders in the area of operation in order tp build positive relationships with communities, customers and government
Requirements, Education and Experience
- You will have bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance/Accounting.
- A postgraduate degree in Business Administration or Management will be an added advantage.
- At least 7 years’ experience in budgeting, management and supervision, design, operations and construction in a large industrial or utility environment is preferred along with 5 years management experience and 3 years of commercial accountability for a portfolio in a utilities environment.
Closing Date for applications: 5 July, 2019