Head of Finance - Banking
New vacancy - open to all applications
Overview of role
The incumbent will be responsible for enabling and managing the consolidated review and reporting processes across statutory, regulatory and management information disciplines for the bank's activities in Botswana, with emphasis on:
- Strengthening the financial control fabric
- Driving efficiencies and process standardisation
- Timeous and accurate financial reporting
- Building strategic business partnerships with various stakeholders
- Ownership of the consolidated balance sheet and income statement, with emphasis on the finance and risk components thereof.
- Responsible for review of monthly, quarterly and bi-annual statutory, regulatory and management reporting (including commentary) and timeous submission to various stakeholders.
- Coordination and preparation of various reports and presentations, with a strong emphasis on providing value-adding business insight to stakeholders in a timeous manner.
- Develop a solid understanding of statutory and management accounting entries, including review and approval of manual consolidation journals, ensuring completeness, accuracy and validity.
- Accountable for the completeness and accuracy of information contained in the bank's Annual Financial Statements, Analysis of Financial Results and Presentation to the Shareholders, in so far as it relates to the bank
- Co-ordinate internal and external audit and deal with queries and reports, as well as implement recommendations.
- Responsible for managing the consolidated forecast and budgeted results of the bank
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Chartered Accountant
- 5 – 10 years post-article experience in Corporate or Investment Banking.
- Technically strong and proficient, with up-to-date knowledge of accounting, regulatory and risk requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of Global Markets, Corporate Banking and Investment Banking products and systems would be advantageous.
- An understanding of balance sheet management, strategic performance management, capital and regulatory would be beneficial.