Head, Strategy and Policy
Shortlisting stage of vacancy - only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Overview of role
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all projects and programmes are aligned with the corporate strategy.
- Reporting to the CEO, you will provide advice on projects and key strategic issues as well as identify areas of strategic interest, identify needs, assess options and lead the development of new policies consistent with the corporate strategy and priorities.
- In addition, you will work with policy makers and stakeholders to advocate for the introduction and/or amendment of policies, procedures and systems that will assist entrepreneurs to access national, regional and international markets.
- You will direct LEA’s Project Office to ensure optimum and timely delivery of projects.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- A degree in Business Management or equivalent preferably with a Masters in Strategic Management is required.
- At least 8 years relevant experience of which 3 years must have been gained at an executive level in project management, strategic planning and high-level analysis of organisations is needed.
Closing Date for applications: Thursday 25 April, 2019
The Local Enterprise Authority (LEA) was established by the Small Business Act of 2004 to carry out, on behalf of the Government of Botswana, the mandate of entrepreneurship and enterprise development through business plan facilitation, training and mentoring, promoting domestic and international linkages for SMME’s. LEA’s vision speaks to innovative and sustainable economic diversification and development of a competitive SMME community in Botswana. LEA is currently undergoing a transformation exercise and is looking to recruit highly motivated and dedicated professionals to join their senior management team.