Head Teacher (Principal)
Overview of role
Botswana Ash (Botash) is a Soda Ash and Salt producing Company situated on the Sua Pan in Botswana, approximately 180 km by tarred road northwest of Francistown. The private primary and secondary schools situated in Sowa Town (about 20 km east of the Plant/Factory) is a Botash initiative which offers excellent English medium education to a student population of 150 made up of children of employees and others seeking a quality educational experience. A vacancy exists for an enthusiastic, committed, professional and driven headteacher with a flair for transformational leadership.
This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the development and management of the schools whose aims include; significantly improving the quality of education, harnessing growth potential and developing and executing an expansive strategy.
In conjunction with your strategic contribution you will:
- Provide professional leadership and operational management of the Schools
- Ensure the highest standards of curriculum design and implementation
- Manage effective staff resourcing
- Maintain effective stakeholder engagement by providing transparent, two-way communication to build relationships of trust and credibility
- Create a safe and conducive environment for staff and students
The role appeals to those who relish a challenge and have the energy for execution.
Requirements, Education and Experience
The most important criteria for success is a combination of vision, attitude, and drive although your experience is also a contributor.
You will need:
- A degree in Education
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience of which not less than 4 years should have been in a managerial capacity at an English medium private school.
- Candidates with experience in heading Primary and High school will be considered to have a distinct advantage. In the absence of such, an appreciation of the unique dynamic of managing both a primary and secondary school is required along with having a good knowledge and understanding of the Cambridge IGCSE Curriculum.
An excellent total cost to company package including subsidized housing, pension/gratuity, variable bonuses is available for the right candidate.
Closing Date for Applications: 21 February 2020