New vacancy - open to all applications
Overview of role
This role is responsible for ensuring the efficient end to end processing of rough diamonds. This involves assuming responsibility for the planning and management of a time sensitive diamond sorting schedule, culminating in the accurate preparation of diamonds for sale. You will manage and develop a driven team in line with the Company’s values and objectives to ensure utmost integrity and performance excellence. Through close liaison with the Sales Director, this role ensures pipeline efficiency, product management and the meeting of industry and customer expectations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Development and implementation of operations strategy
- Financial and risk management
- Oversight of quality assurance
- Ensuring effective and robust stock management
- Stakeholder and staff management.
You will be expected to demonstrate the aptitude and the ability to understand the principles of rough diamond sorting, valuation and diamond sale preparation.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- A business or commerce related degree is required
- At least 10 years post qualification experience of which 5 years must have been gained in a managerial role within a production related industry although diamond industry experience is preferred.
Closing Date for Applications: 29 February 2020
Okavango Diamond Company (ODC), is a rough diamond marketing company, offering its global customers access to scale supply of rough diamonds from Botswana. ODC is a principal supplier to the sector with sales in the region of $500 million per annum representing the largest source of guaranteed Botswana production in the diamond industry. ODC has been embarking on an exciting journey with new projects and objectives in its sights. An exceptional team will be required to deliver on these and ODC is looking for a highly motivated individual to join their Executive team. To succeed you will have to be at the top of your field and share their drive, dedication and results orientation.