Process Plant Production Superintendent
Overview of role
- Provide leadership and direction to the plant operations team to ensure production objectives are met in a safe and efficient manner.
- Define and report on operational objectives and results daily, monthly and annually.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of all operational reports.
- Co-ordinate and conduct operational audits to ensure continual and total compliance.
- Maintain the integrity of the process plant plant database
- Develop and implement effective communications with well-defined accountabilities between the process operations, process plant maintenance, metallurgy, assay laboratory, technical services, centralized services and concentrate product transportation teams.
- Develop, implement and manage systems to ensure statutory compliance, change management and project management processes to achieve agreed results, cost, quality, quantity and to schedule.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Minerals Processing Engineering/Metallurgy/Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years mining experience in a copper operations role of which 5 years should have been at Production Superintendent level or Process Plant Manager.
- Previous Copper Plant commissioning and ramp up to commercial production experience
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding production objectives through Zero Harm.
- Experience in management of Mill relines and associated contractors would be beneficial.
- A sound knowledge of financial, business, commercial and corporate financial processes.
Closing date for applications : until filled
Khoemacau Copper Mining (Pty) Ltd and its predecessor companies have been exploring and developing in the Kalahari Copper Belt for more than 10 years. The Khoemacau flagship Zone 5 deposit, located near Maun in the North West district of Botswana, is one of the most significant high-grade copper developments in recent years with a total mineral resource of 91.7Mt at 2.1% Cu and 22g/t Ag (in-situ). Zone 5 redefines Botswana’s Kalahari Copper Belt as a key emerging trend in a stable and pro-mining jurisdiction.
The Starter Project currently under construction will produce more than 155,000t of copper concentrate at 38-42% copper content (more than 60kt of Cu) and 2 million ounces of silver annually for in excess of 20 years. The project is fully permitted and funded with development of the 3.65Mtpa Zone 5 mine (3 decline systems at average 1.2Mtpa each) to commence in early February 2020 and 1st concentrate planned to be shipped from the Khoemacau upgraded Boseto processing plant in April 2021.