Overview of role
Our client is a citizen owned private multidisciplinary, integrated healthcare company operating retail and courier (managed care) pharmacies in Botswana. It provides a variety of services including emergency medical assistance, emergency medical training, primary healthcare services (general medical practice and pharmaceutical) as well as outsourced contact centre services. They have an exciting vacancy for Program Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the overall delivery of company’s major projects by coordinating and managing the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring and controlling of projects within set project constraints (of time, quality, and cost) and align to the business strategy, operating model and project governance principles.
- Drive the implementation of the company’s agreed strategic plans.
- Manage and maintain the project scope, project schedule and project budgets.
- Coordinate engagement of external project resources/services and ensure adequate definition and development of RFPs and tenders for projects.
- Manage assigned projects and report periodically to Project Sponsors/Owners & stakeholders as required on project progress, budgets, issues, and risks.
- Motivate, drive and mentor project resources/staff to deliver all project milestones, commensurate with agreed plans and schedules.
- Ensure there is proper governance and quality assurance in all project activities.
- Lead Innovation initiatives and Information Technology Integration (Systems, Database etc).
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Project Management, Business Administration, IT or related.
- Postgraduate qualification be an added advantage however professional qualification in Project Management is highly strongly recommended.
- Eight (8) years’ work experience of which three (3) years must have been at senior managerial level.
- Experience in an Emergency Medical Services; and or, insurance or financial environment will be advantageous delivering large scale projects successfully in a multi-site, multi-vendor, multi-stakeholder projects within budget and on time.
Early applications are encouraged.