New vacancy - open to all applications
Overview of role
The purpose of this role is to initiate, plan, organise and develop policies and strategies for the branches and ensure effective delivery of services to enterprises and entrepreneurs.
- Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, you will monitor and account for the effective implementation of the end to end process of programmes and services to entrepreneurs at branch level.
- You will be expected to oversee the quality and delivery of programmes in relation to business services, mentoring, marketing and financial advice to entrepreneurs in line with procedures, requirements and entrepreneurship programme guidelines.
- You will also build strong relationships with external stakeholders to raise SMME awareness and synergize products and services.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- You will have a degree in Business, Economics, Social Sciences or related field.
- With at least 8 years of experience of which 3 years must have been gained in a managerial role.
- A combination of relevant experience with emphasis on enterprise development together with academic qualifications may be accepted in lieu of a master’s degree.
The Local Enterprise Authority (LEA) was established by the Small Business Act of 2004 to carry out, on behalf of the Government of Botswana, the mandate of entrepreneurship and enterprise development through business plan facilitation, training and mentoring, promoting domestic and international linkages for SMME’s. LEA’s vision speaks to innovative and sustainable economic diversification and development of a competitive SMME community in Botswana. LEA is currently undergoing a transformation exercise and is looking to recruit highly motivated and dedicated professionals to join their senior management team.