Overview of role
Our client is looking for an experienced Risk Manager to fill the vacant role on a 1 Year Fixed Term Contract. The position is tenable in Gaborone.
As the Risk Manager, you will oversee the effectiveness of compliance with risk processes and procedures. Reporting to the CEO, you will be tasked with providing leadership and management of strategic, financial and operational risk and identify potential risks that may affect the organisation.
- Engage with different stakeholders within the organisation to develop risk management plans to ensure a risk based approach and alignment of any risk management activities with the overall risk management plan.
- Participate and continuously review how the organisation is assessing risk related matters to major strategic initiatives.
- Oversee training and development of all risk staff and build a strong risk awareness within the organisation.
- Provide objective analysis on management effectiveness in the identification, assessment and mitigation of risks both within and outside the risk tolerance of the organisation, impacting on their objectives.
- Analyse and provide assurance on the accuracy of information to be submitted to the Board or Management derived from risk management activities within the relevant areas.
- Review the efficacy of risk management procedures that are currently in place to ensure their effectiveness.
- Lead the risk management framework of the organisation to assess the suitability and effectiveness of the framework in identifying, assessing and managing risks according to the risk appetite of the organisation.
- Monitor the organisation’s risk register and report the status of high level residual risks and recommend actions to be taken to mitigate the risks.
- Monitor and regularly reviews the implementation of recommended improvements to risk management processes and procedures of the organisation.
- Monitor and ensure compliance with organisational and statutory Safety Health and Environment (SHE) policies and procedures.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Degree in Risk Management or related coupled with a Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- At least 8 years’ experience of which 3 years must have been gained in a managerial role.
Vacancy open until filled. Early applications are encouraged.