Sales & Marketing Manager
Overview of role
Botswana Ash (Pty) Ltd is a Soda Ash and Salt producing Company situated on the Sua Pan in Botswana, approximately 180 km by tarred road northwest of Francistown. The Company employs over 450 employees of which close to 300 are unionised. Employees and their families live in Sowa Town, about 20 km east of the factory.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the incumbent will manage the overall marketing and sales function of the company business and will be responsible for ensuring correct and effective projection of the company image, values and culture.
Key performance areas will include the following:
- Development and implementation of the Company’s marketing strategy,
- Optimising of cost to serve and pricing,
- Providing a technical Marketing Service,
- Formulating and ensuring adherence to sales and marketing policies,
- Optimising the distribution chain,
- Developing and monitoring effective sales systems,
- Maintaining existing customers and exploring further market opportunities,
- Gathering marketing intelligence,
- Transitioning some segments from business to business to business to consumer,
- Growing the company’s market share in flagship products.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Marketing
- 10 years sales/commercial experience of which five (5) should have been in business-to-business marketing at a senior management level.
Must have an understanding of informal markets in Central Africa and a good understanding of logistics.
Closing Date for applications: Friday 27 September 2019.