Overview of role
Plan, direct, control and deliver the operations of the Botswana Football Association (BFA) in fulfilling its mission to promote, foster and develop the game of football across the country.
- Direct the BFA to deliver its commercial objectives including consolidation and growth of existing revenue streams (especially broadcast and sponsorship) as well as identify and exploit new income steams.
- Attend Exco meetings and provide detailed overview on the operations and performance of the BFA.
- Building and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Develop and implement strategies aimed at promotion and development football in the country.
- Develop and lead structures to help secure the success of national teams at all levels.
- Ensure sound financial management and cost control.
- Lead the communication & PR strategy.
- Lead major projects at national and international level.
- Serve on committees and football bodies as appropriate across the country and, where required, within the confederation and worldwide.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- A Botswana citizen you will need a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Commerce or related field, and have proven experience of succeeding in a high profile, complex, multi-stakeholder organisation.
- Proven success in football administration, business development, and revenue generation will be advantageous.
Closing date for applications is Friday 12 February 2021.